Provide engineering support to PAB Supply Chain, by working on major capacity and innovation projects, infrastructure work, cost management projects as well as strategic initiatives. The individual in this position will provide project management and/or project oversight for major CAPEX projects typically impacting multiple Hot Fill manufacturing locations. This position provides direct support of the Hot Fill SLRP. This position also works closely with Operations, Marketing, Package and Product Development, Procurement and external Suppliers. This position is responsible for driving standardization and serving as a technical liaison to Beverage plant locations.
Depending on the skills/technical experience of the candidates, this position is graded as an Exempt 10. The selected candidate will be placed at the level that is commensurate with prior experience and technical competency.Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Functional excellence in packaging, processing, project management, as well as TPM and LSS processes.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Familiar with basics of finance, product cost accounting and statistical process control. Able to effectively manage and track project spending and report financials on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of competitive industry technology available for food packaging and processing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors and consultants.
- Strong team building skills required to manage and lead cross-functional teams at a corporate or plant location.
- Self motivated, results and action oriented. Able to make independent and sound decisions.
- Fundamental background with PLC 's and process control.
- Computer skills to include familiarity with spreadsheet and word processing software, basic CAD skills and ability to utilize MS Project and other project tracking software systems.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Eng
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of five to seven years of project engineering experience, with a focus on process design, high speed packaging and project management.
- Solid understanding of plant maintenance operations.
- Able to travel; individual can expect to be out of the office approximately 40% of the time to facilitate and manage plant projects.
- Individual project CAPEX expenditure experience should be up to $5.0MM
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.