Nestle Purina is expanding! We’re opening a state of the art distribution center in 2018 and production facility in 2019 – our first new factory in over 20 years! We’re thrilled to be joining the Hartwell, GA community and to welcome as many as 240 new members to the Purina family by 2023. One more than 100 acres, this 500,000 square foot facility will serve as our most versatile facility with the ability to switch product lines faster and more efficiently than we have ever done before producing and distributing the Purina brands our customers trust and pets love.
As a Supply Chain facilitator you’ll be responsible for directing the actions of Supply Chain Team Members who perform finished product receiving, storage and shipping functions in support of plant production operations. You’ll ensure warehouse operations are performed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and sanitary manner and customer orders are delivered on time and at minimum cost over the long term. You’ll recommend continuous improvement of standards and lead Nestle Continuous Excellence initiatives through coaching, feedback, recognition and communication to the team during formal and informal reviews.
- Directly supervise all shipping, clerical and hourly employees.
- Goal Setting/Continuous Improvement: Assists the Supply Chain Manager in developing department and team objectives, goals, strategy and measures (OGSM) that support plant and company OGSM; monitors team member job performance to ensure that team members are focused on attainment of team/department goals. Actively seeks opportunities for continued improvement in Supply Chain operations/recommends improvements
- Daily Work Planning: Reviews workload for own shift and department; ensures staffing levels for all shifts are sufficient to accomplish workload; defines and prioritizes work tasks for department. Implements GMP sanitation standards in the warehouse and monitors compliance. Manages overtime requirements
- Supervision: Provides technical guidance to other Supply Chain Facilitator. Trains and provides technical guidance to shift team members (forklift operators and Supply Chain Coordinators.) Assigns work tasks to team members and monitors task accomplishment. Ensures team members have the proper tools, supplies, and equipment needed for successful task completion. Ensures safe work practices/promotes a safe work environment. Problem solving; resolves human, mechanical, operational, and resource related issues that arise during shift so that individual and team productivity are not affected
- Coordinates and works cross functionally all plant operations on a routine basis. Maintains a high level of communication with relevant stakeholders.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience (Years/Type): 2+ years supervisory experience required. Prior Supply Chain, Warehouse or Military experience preferred.