PepsiCo offers the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 19 different product lines that generate more than $1 billion in annual retail sales each. Our main businesses -- Quaker, Tropicana, Gatorade, Frito-Lay, and Pepsi Cola -- also make hundreds of other enjoyable foods and beverages that are respected household names throughout the world. With net revenues of approximately $60 billion, PepsiCo's people are united by our unique commitment to sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet, which we believe also means a more successful future for PepsiCo. We call this commitment Performance with Purpose: PepsiCo's promise to provide a wide range of foods and beverages for local tastes; to find innovative ways to minimize our impact on the environment, including by conserving energy and water usage, and reducing packaging volume; to provide a great workplace for our associates; and to respect, support, and invest in the local communities where we operate.
Frito-Lay, a key business unit within PepsiCo , is a market leader in the snack food industry. We are the makers of some of America's favorite snack foods including, FRITOS®, LAY'S®, DORITOS®, CHEETOS®, AND TOSTITOS®.Functional Description:
This position contributes to the success of Frito-Lay by directing the production team to meet customer needs and achieve production performance standards related to cost, line efficiencies, waste, safety and productivity.
You will have an opportunity to lead a team of hourly Manufacturing, Warehouse, or Traffic associates with varying levels of experience and education. You will have responsibilities for people and team development, quality performance, cost, service and safety.
There will be opportunities to develop individuals and the team to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. The position level will vary based on experience and scope of role
What you can expect:
Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short & long term performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Solve daily operational issues
- Administer policies and practices Initiate and implement projects
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Improve team communication and engagement
- Think quickly, creatively and challenge team to do the same
- Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management or related major
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Achieve performance standards with regards to safety, line utilization and quality
- Applies knowledge of processes, equipment and system capability to set challenging individual and facility standards
- Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise achievement of financial targets
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
- Highly motivated self-starters
- Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
- Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to lead a team based approach to decision making
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly personnel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast passed results-oriented, changing work environment
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
- Willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift (shift to be determined at time of offer)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business, Operations Management or related major.
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Must pass a drug and background screen
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.