For more than 30 years, our Management Development Program has developed the future leaders of the manufacturing side of our business. This program allows you to embark on a personal and professional development experience a classroom can’t offer.
As a Supply Chain Management Trainee, you’ll be immersed in a highly technical and quality-driven production environment to help achieve our standards of continuous improvement and manufacturing excellence. Through a well-designed rotation of our factory functions, you’ll learn our operations, how they apply to supply chain and how supply chain interacts with other factory functions, such as production, engineering, information systems, quality assurance, finance and human resources. Collaborating with your supply chain mentor and peers is essential to this role, as they will help you leverage your new business knowledge to deliver top-notch supply chain analysis and support to the plant for the duration of your program experience.
Following the program, you’ll have the opportunity to continue your leadership and functional development at one of our 20 production facilities spread across the U.S.
We’re a global organization known widely as a ‘Best Place to Work’. Our culture continuously dares us to stand taller and ask “what’s next?” Are you up to the dare?
* Military veterans, we are proud of our military veteran associates and do consider military experience. Having obtained E-4 level or above is preferred for this role, but is not required. Please apply for full consideration.
• Complete rotational training in warehouse, transportation and customer service functions
• Complete assigned department improvements projects
• Develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of the Consumer Product Goods (CPG) and Pet care industries, including understanding the consumer and or pet owner, knowing Nestlé Purina brands, their competition and the ability to identify and analyze segment trends
• Experience internal and external supply chain operations, including plant logistics, warehousing and transportation, customer team supply chain management, order revenue management (ORM) and the customers
• Cultivate internal and external working relationships that provide exposure to various disciplines, account management and customer teams
Peform all other duties as assigned
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
• B. S. in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, or Industrial Engineering required or expected to attain by June 2017
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Must be conscientious with high cognitive ability and possess initiative, responsibility, leadership potential and a strong work ethic. Must be willing to relocate to a Nestlé Purina location upon completion of the program
*PLUSES: Military experience, prior co-op or practicum experience; manufacturing experience; student organization or other leadership experience
Note: This position does not provide sponsorship for employment status (e.g. H-1B, OPT, visa status). You must have the legal right to work in the United States now and in the future.
Davenport, IA; Clinton, IA; Crete, NE; Bloomfield, MO