Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI.
Job Description OBJECTIVES:
- As a member of the Plant Leadership Team, the Supply Chain Manager will contribute to the continuous improvement of operations and productivity through effective planning, coaching and leadership of the department.
- Coordinate and work with quality, engineering, and manufacturing operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery by establishing and actively monitoring production schedule performance to proactively identify and address issues.
- Leading the continuous improvement activities of the department, driving out waste and eliminating non-value added activity of all affected processes throughout the supply chain.
- Create and execute achievable work and process objectives; lead department to meet commitments and work within the guidelines of the plant and the company.
- Develop policies and procedures in the areas of inventory control, receiving, storage and distribution, of supplies throughout the facility.
- Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for all operational activities within an ISO 9001:2015 environment.
- Manage through New Product Introduction launches as well as the phasing out of end of life product platforms.
- Coordinate productive hours, space, equipment and expense as they relate to the production facility.
- Oversee material shipping and receiving activities ensuring material flow is what was ordered, correct quantities, undamaged, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of pickups/deliveries of waste materials for recycling and to ensure compensation is received.
- Create and review paperwork in order to plan work activities, schedule appropriate personnel and balance loads.
- Support the order manufacturing process by working extensively with Corp. purchasing representatives, production personnel and customer service to ensure we experience no stock outs.
- Develop inventory level guidelines and responsible for daily replenishment orders, monitoring inventory levels, and is the key contact for any production planning and inventory concerns in the plant.
- Be process oriented and looking to make long term improvements.
- Plant Manager and Operations Leadership Team and Front Line Staff
- Internal and external suppliers
- Supply Chain and other internal and external materials support providers
- Experience using all Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience working within an ERP package
- Experience with Kanban, JIT and other inventory practices
- Communication skills to express ideas and concepts verbally, visually and in writing
- Use of financial and quantitative information to optimize results and meet financial commitments
- Strategic planning and organization deployment of key performance targets/milestones and following through on commitments.
- Be able to effectively plan and perform all inventory and production scheduling activities in a complex and fast paced manufacturing facility.
- Ability to work within a team, building relationships and motivate others to sustain peak performance levels
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and guidance
- Familiarity with metal siding, trim metals and related building products
- APICS certification
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
Videos To Watch
A little about us:
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.