- Coordinates and communicates cross functionally with Sales, Account Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Finance to incorporate and maintain customer and business requirements into production planning.
- Directs the activity of the Production Control department to ensure operational excellence in order promising, master scheduling, material deliver and input/output control to achieve exceptional performance to customer commitments.
- Oversees all outsourced manufacturing activities to ensure coordination with and execution to the master schedule.
- Measures and communicates supplier delivery metrics.
- Measures and communicates operations plan schedule attainment and master schedule attainment, and initiates root cause problem solving to analyze variability and improve performance
- Designs, measures and communicates metrics that track the effectiveness of production planning and manufacturing execution.
- Coaches and develops all members of the production control team through training, mentoring and the development of consistent planning tools.
- Develops and maintains tools that will provide visibility to shortages and prioritize requirements.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems in planning and execution, and generates alternatives to resolve both internal and external processing constraints.
- Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self starter.
- Experience with querying databases.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Great experience with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.