- Coordinates and communicates cross functionally with Sales, Account Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Finance to incorporate and maintain customer and business requirements into production planning.
- Directs the activity of the Production Control department to ensure operational excellence in order promising, master scheduling, material deliver and input/output control to achieve exceptional performance to customer commitments.
- Oversees all outsourced manufacturing activities to ensure coordination with and execution to the master schedule.
- Measures and communicates supplier delivery metrics.
- Measures and communicates operations plan schedule attainment and master schedule attainment, and initiates root cause problem solving to analyze variability and improve performance
- Designs, measures and communicates metrics that track the effectiveness of production planning and manufacturing execution.
- Coaches and develops all members of the production control team through training, mentoring and the development of consistent planning tools.
- Develops and maintains tools that will provide visibility to shortages and prioritize requirements.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems in planning and execution, and generates alternatives to resolve both internal and external processing constraints.
- Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Self starter.
- Experience with querying databases.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Great experience with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and oral form.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.