This opening is with Arconic Whitehall Casting, a division of Alcoa Power and Propulsion - a world leader in the investment casting of superalloys primarily for jet aircraft and industrial gas turbine markets.
The Supply Chain Manager will lead a team of Supply Chain professionals focused on supporting operational and manufacturing requirements through sourcing, supplier management, production planning, and inventory management. The Supply Chain Manager will design and execute strategies and plans to meet Whitehall Casting's short-term and long-term supply chain management objectives.
- Coordinates and communicates cross functionally with Sales, Account Management, Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain and Finance to incorporate and maintain customer and business requirements into production planning.
- Directs the activity of the Production Control and Supply Chain departments to ensure operational excellence in order promising, master scheduling, material deliver and input/output control to achieve exceptional performance to customer commitments.
- Oversees all outsourced manufacturing activities to ensure coordination with and execution to the master schedule.
- Measures and communicates supplier delivery metrics.
- Measures and communicates operations plan schedule attainment and master schedule attainment, and initiates root cause problem solving to analyze variability and improve performance
- Designs, measures and communicates metrics that track the effectiveness of production planning and manufacturing execution.
- Coaches and develops all members of the production control team through training, mentoring and the development of consistent planning tools.
- Develops and maintains tools that will provide visibility to shortages and prioritize requirements.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots problems in planning and execution, and generates alternatives to resolve both internal and external processing constraints.
- Complies with all EHS rules required for the work environment.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- B.S. Degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in manufacturing companies, in Production Control and/or Purchasing.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verificatino of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- BS Degree in Business or Supply Chain
- MBA a plus.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- APICS CPIM Certification
- Experience with querying databases.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience developing relationships with customers and suppliers.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.