Supply Chain Manager of Optimization (Job Number: 024731)
Deerfield Corp North - 304 WILMOT RD
304 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Supply Chain Manager of Optimization and Planning will be responsible for driving agility and visibility into the Supply Chain. This will be achieved by developing, refining and maintaining insightful models and tools that drive key business decisions across Inventory Management, Distribution Centers, Transportation, Store Operations and Merchandising. In support of Walgreen's Integrated Planning process, this position will be responsible for partnering with the leadership of Merchandising, Merchandise Planning and Inventory Management to develop inventory forecasts, track actuals, understand key drivers of results and develop action plans, when needed. Additionally, this role will help to develop reporting and tools that help to improve inventory forecasting and reconciliation between the Sales, Gross Profit forecasts with the inventory and cost of goods sold forecasts. This role will also strive to automate the reports, tools and input data feeds that are used regularly for insights into the forecasts.
- Driving team to develop an inventory of end to end supply chain parameters, including owners, assumptions and cadence for review.
- Organize inventory of parameters into a plan to develop new models or refine existing models to understand impacts when each parameter is changed across inventory, DC costs, transportation costs, store operations and upstream merchandise and omni-channel impacts, when applicable. Establish governance over parameter changes, working closely with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Build new, complex optimization models, communication of outputs and regular status on each.
- With cross-functional stakeholders, refine and support an integrated planning process for merchandising, merchandise planning and inventory management.
- Build new tools and maintain existing reports that are used as inputs for the integrated planning process with inventory management, merchandising and merchandise planning.
- Execute weekly, monthly and ad hoc data analysis and reporting on inventory actuals vs. plan.
- Support new strategies and initiatives with insights from models and/or by developing new optimization models to support emerging strategies.
- Manages day-to-day activities of a group of employees. Assigns, monitors and reviews progress and accuracy of work, direct efforts and provide technical guidance on more complex issues. Oversees and initiates the hiring, firing, and performance review processes.
- Provides management to the team to meet objectives, improve processes and improve stakeholder's satisfaction. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and may impact the short-term goals of the department/company.
- Interacts and works collaboratively with peers within and outside of the department, normally involving matters within the department, with other departments or across the company. May lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team.
- Manages and works on issues of a diverse scope, where analysis of the situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Provides advanced expertise and knowledge in complex area of specialization.
- Accepts responsibility for delegated decision-making and reinforces and influences others to demonstrate the same support for empowered decision-making. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Provides guidance to departmental employees working within the latitude of established policies. Develops procedures that affect the area under management.
- Outlines specific objectives and processes that are focused on generating innovative solutions to business problems.
- Develops and submits ideas which support the achievement of innovative goals. Implements innovative processes or changes that support the goals of the function or department.
- Manages, develops and controls departmental expenditures against the expense budget.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in a supply chain or business role OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of experience in a supply chain or business role.
- At least 1 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work. OR at least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10 % of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- SAS, Hadoop, SQL skills that can be applied for model, report and tool development activities
- Optimization experience across functions, deep understanding of supply chain trade-offs in an end to end process
- Extensive experience communicating across all levels of the organization and across functions; effectively tailors communication style based on audience.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.