Supply Chain Manager, Technology Procurement
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
If you’re a bright and organized individual, then we’d love to welcome you to a fast-paced team of innovators that know how to get the job done. And at one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’ll continue to grow and be challenged in the place you’ve been looking for all along. We hope you consider joining the Enterprise Supplier Management team at Capital One.
Capital One is seeking a Supply Chain Manager, Technology Procurement.
Enterprise Supplier Management provides a sustainable, competitive advantage to Capital One by:
- Effectively and efficiently matching internal needs with external capabilities
- Capitalizing on our consolidated purchasing power
- Maximizing shareholder value/return, and
- Appropriately managing supply risk
Our job is to bring procurement resources, tools, methodologies and judgment to business units to "get the right deal with the right supplier". This involves managing major third party relationships for the Technology organization in an effort to ensure that Capital One captures appropriate value for the company and meets acceptable corporate risk-profiles. In addition, we manage the on-going supplier reporting, supplier performance management, customer demand management and IT category strategy development.
Located in McLean ,VA, the person filling this role will be expected to manage a group of third parties in the Technology space. This role is responsible for ensuring that ESM’s policies are adhered to and for ensuring that appropriate documentation exists for the third parties under management. This individual is expected to develop supplier management strategies/communications, IT category strategies and demand management strategies for the suppliers under their management. The successful candidate ideally must have prior experience in Technology. Candidates that have direct experience in managing operations, projects, risk, or compliance in the Technology industry are of particular interest.
At Capital One, Supplier Managers are expected to work in a collaborative environment with internal customers as well with other groups within company. This individual will have senior customers throughout the organization, so excellent influencing, communication and presentation skills are a must.
You should have:
- Experience in a sourcing, contracting or supplier management role, including IT services, software licensing and maintenance, hardware, infrastructure, managing outsourced agreements and/or related sourcing and contracting activities.
- Experience managing the day-to-day supplier issues/opportunities (e.g. invoice issues).
- Experience monitoring performance of suppliers on a regular basis, develop action plans where necessary for areas needing improvement and follow through to ensure supplier specific results occur.
- Ability to assist in the identification and analysis of prospective suppliers.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to challenge the status quo, including creating and comprehending numerical analysis and optimization strategies.
- Proven track record delivering cost savings while maintaining quality.
- Ability to adapt readily to changing customer requirements and needs of internal risk management programs.
- Proven negotiation skills, including driving commercial negotiations and ensuring all other groups included in the negotiations are working towards the same execution timeline.
- Ability to understand end-to-end processes in order to proactively plan for potential obstacles causing minimal impact to timeline adherence.
- Experience causing timely escalation of matters to Executives in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships including learning about the business and services under management so as to aid the communication with their customers, understand the parameters and look for opportunities.
- Ability to operate independently, bringing self-prioritization of workload, clear thinking and reasoning in the decision making process.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead multiple complex efforts/projects concurrently in an autonomous environment.
- Experience with purchasing systems, including driving Purchase Order approval and payment processes and invoice review and reconciliation items as needed.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders, including Finance, to ensure contracts adhere to budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Proficiency with standard MS Office Suite.
- Collaborative and customer focused service delivery.
- Experience managing suppliers in accordance with OCC third and fourth party risk management requirements, including developing and managing supplier Control Monitoring Plans.
- Experience working with internal audit and other compliance and risk management groups.
- Experience in dispute resolution and supplier adherence to SLAs and other contractual commitments.
- Experience in process design and project delivery.
- Consulting experience or relevant change management experience.
- Experience managing large scale, enterprise supplier relationships from a contracting, sourcing and ongoing risk management perspective.
- Proficiency with Ariba and Oracle’s Peoplesoft eProcurement Suite.
- Good elicitation skills to identify business requirements for sourcing efforts.
- Experience creating and running RFXs (RFQs, RFIs and RFPs).
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of technology procurement experience
- At least 5 years of experience in working directly with technology suppliers
- CPSM Certification.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.