Galesburg, MI has an opening for a Supply Chain Co-Op for 2016. This role will support the development of materials management strategies aligned with the division goals and deploy these strategies for new product launches. Areas of focus may include packaging, logistics, trade compliance, inventory management, ERP systems management, and internal materials flow. Additionally, the student in this role will be responsible for using our tools to track finished goods returnable dunnage in order or increase the frequency of returns from Eaton’s customers and ensure uninterrupted supply for production. This position also focuses on continuous improvement and assignment goals may be adjusted based on the interests of, and input from, the student coupled with current business priorities.
1. Maintain customer rack tracking sheet and deploy the tool to plants and CSRs to allow for proactive management of customer returns.
2. Support materials goals and initiatives (packaging approval, on-time launch without premium freight, optimum inventory and logistics, safe materials handling) and execute related tasks for the Procision product launch.
3. Act as liaison between materials and manufacturing functions and the UltraShift PLUS PV project team to prepare for the NAFTA launch.Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering at an accredited institution.
• Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI will be considered for this position.
• GPA of 3.00 or better required
• Previous internships or co-ops in Materials or SCM preferred
• Leadership in school or community organizations preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.