Supply Chain Operations Intern, Windsor, CT (Job Number: 023993)
Connecticut DC - 80 INTERNATIONAL DR
80 INTERNATIONAL DR
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Intern, Supply Chain Operations is responsible for providing support to the management team within the Distribution Center (DC) by rotating through all DC Operation functions. Assists in projects related to initiatives specific to the DC they are supporting, while ensuring all deadlines and deliverables are met. Assists in the development and implementation of DC programs. Job Responsibilities
- Rotates through all functions of the DC Operation such as Warehouse Operations, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, HR, Mission Control and Store Unload.
- May lead smaller projects under the direction of DC management. Provides updates, escalates issues, and makes improvement recommendations to management.
- Responsible for keeping track of project(s) progression and ensuring those deadlines are communicated to the project team.
- Participates in the overall Lean Six Sigma Process through events such as Kaizen and 5S events through providing administrative support during Kaizen events by updating reports and bulletin boards, following up on SPIN process and report out presentations.
- Responsible for performing General Warehouse functions in the DC.
- May perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration with 1 to 2 semesters remaining.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management.
- Willing and able to carry up to 30 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Willing to relocate for opportunities within the US.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration AND/OR currently enrolled in a Master's degree program in logistics, operations management, supply chain management, industrial engineering or business management/administration
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma concepts
- Experience with project management
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.