At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need a Supply Chain Operations Lead that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the eSourcing Manager. We are looking for a project oriented problem solver who is self-motivated and will assist in providing reporting & analysis.
You'll change the world by...
- Develop and produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for Supply Chain & Finance.
- Managing projects related to dead stock, inventory, electrical components and rolling out new processes.
- Working with Supply Chain leadership to improve operational metrics and fill gaps in reporting.
- Managing the Part Master table, including the creation of new SKU's, categorization, activity levels,
- Providing support and analysis to the field Supply Chain organization when requested, specifically with electrical components.
- Communicating effectively with supply chain managers as well as other organizations to identify and address areas for improvement
- Providing analysis and recommendations for cost-reduction within the Supply Chain organization
- Playing a supporting role in the development of new processes.
- Gaining a broad perspective of the Solar industry and understanding what makes it successful.
You'll do that with your...
- Excellent analytical and independent thinking skills, including excellent Excel skills a must, experience with VBA preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, lead out on projects, and engage in process improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface and work cross-functionally with multiple organizations
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of Forecasting, Distribution Center Processes, Bills of Material and Part Categorization.
- Experience in Project Management and documenting IT requirements
You'll know you're ready if you have...
- Bachelor's Degree in (or pursuing) Business Management, Supply Chain, Finance or Economics.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Understanding all the elements of procurement, distribution, fulfillment, and audit controls.
- Solar experience a plus
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar, an equal opportunity employer, does not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.