This position is part of the Supply Chain Competency Assessment program, therefore this role is a broadband role that could range between L6-L9.Position Description:
The position provides leadership and technical support of food manufacturing in the areas of quality compliance, AIB, F22K , FSMA, new product support and special projects. Develop and build capability at the site to drive Food Safety initiatives across the business units as they impact quality compliance and consumer satisfaction within corporate, federal and local regulatory agency requirements. The QA/ Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for off - shift supervision of hourly team members to ensure successful execution of Quality and Sanitation tasks to support overall plant goals. This position is part of the Supply Chain Competency Assessment program, therefore this role is a broadband role that could range between L6-L9.Essential Functions:
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:Leadership:
- Assure compliance to the foundational Corporate Sanitation Requirements in the Business Units through auditing, training, development and follow-up of Operations, warehouse, Quality and Sanitation employees.
- Provide leadership, training and coaching to the Sanitation Technician team as well as the site with regard to proper usage of Sanitation SOP.
- Ensure sanitation equipment and materials are properly maintained, usage recorded and in stock on a regular basis.
- Manage daily quality and food safety operations for assigned business units with emphasis risk assessment and compliance KPIs
- Manage allergen and cross contamination risks through managing changeover policies, environmental testing and pre-operation inspection requirements.
- Lead and support root cause problem solving tools for investigating food safety and quality compliance issues.
Learning Ability/Thinking Skills.
- Build capability to support TPM driven initiatives for all areas of the Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation by ensuring that long range plans are executed.
- Influence skills with peers and higher level managers to achieve results in the face of competing resource demands.
- Capable of pro-actively identifying critical items to achieve desired results that builds effective sanitation systems and improves business performance results.
- Capable of clearing financial barriers to successful execution of specific project goals.
- Ability to clearly articulate strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to Food Safety requirements for food manufacturing in the dry goods environment.
- Maintains professional contacts with food industry leaders to assure the Bridgeview plant achieves results comparable to other top tier Food Industry companies.
- Demonstrate ability to link findings and potential problems with strategies, objectives and consumer insight to enable the development of comprehensive quality management plan.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt interpersonal style to different situations.
- Capable of blending needs of various departments with production schedule demands to insure that sanitation standards are not sacrificed.
- Ability to establish and manage multiple key date schedules.
- Able to prioritize multiple demands to effectively direct the Business Units for quality in both daily and long term objectives.
- Is able to establish high standards for self, and works diligently to attain those standards.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems with limited involvement from manager
- Demonstrate ability to send and receive information clearly, concisely and on a timely basis.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Teamwork/Interpersonal abilities to enable accomplishment of responsibilities with peer groups.
- Possesses strong group facilitation skills.
- Deals effectively with conflict.
*Weekend coverage will be requiredQualifications/Requirements Qualifications:
- Education: B.S. in Engineering, Processing, Food Technology and/or technical equivalent (demonstrated technical competency).
- Possess an understanding of AIB, Pest Control Methodology, and foundational sanitation methods.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft business software; i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook and new software as needed (SAP - Sanitation software).
- Previous history of leading a team through direct or indirect management and coaching.
Not Eligible for Relocation