As the Global Supply Management (GSM) Supply Chain R&D Engineer, you will be responsible for defining long term supplier roadmaps to meet Intel's Technology Development requirements, goals and milestones for new technology processes, primarily in the areas of fab equipment. You will be responsible for defining and establishing equipment process flows, material handling procedures, and configurations for newly selected supplier equipment to meet Technology Development (TD) Module needs. As part of the supplier selection process, you will be chartered to source equipment to meet quality, reliability, cost, yield, productivity and manufacturability requirements. You will also be responsible for supporting existing equipment at Intel across multiple toolsets in managing and driving supplier improvement roadmaps. You will work closely with your engineering partners in the development and high volume manufacturing factories to ensure supplier equipment fleet is meeting performance specifications. As part of new equipment development you will be responsible for defining supplier test plans as they relate to source inspection strategies and equipment performance validation.
• Education and experience: MS/PhD in engineering/technical discipline. 5 years of experience in technology and manufacturing highly desirable for this position.
• Supply Chain work experience is a requirement, MBA a plus.
• Demonstrates a "can do" attitude in a rapidly changing environment and displays the ability to effectively cope with ambiguous scenarios.
• Actively seeks opportunities to contribute to the organization and gain new skills and experiences while meeting deliverables.
• Uses structured problem solving and tools to generate alternative solutions.
• Able to lead a project team, assign team action items, drive agenda, develop schedule and execute the whole project on time.
• Able to influence teams and people toward program's common goals and getting the job done without having full control over the resources.
• Able to balance work load effectively to meet requirements.
• Able to clearly present information through spoken or written communication; read and interpret complex information.
• Forges alliances with customers, suppliers, and partners to pool resources and provide the best solutions.
• Consistently knows what customer requirements and needs are and proactively delivers solutions to meet those needs.
• Supplier Management/Negotiation Skills: Ability to negotiate complex contracts or strategic deals with best outcome for Intel.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.