No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.Position Overview:
The Customer Care Order Management Representative provides factory-based support to end-user customers and dealers seeking product information or technical information through prompt assistance through various mediums while acting as the customer advocate. This person utilizes the knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes and works side by side with clients to provide customizable logistic solutions tailored to the individual customers' needs.Characteristics of Customer Care:
Customer Assistance Skill Sets:
- Demonstrates positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Takes initiative to suggest improvements while being able to define possible solutions
- Communicates effectively with team members to build a great working environment
- Displays a customer focused approach and passion to support customers
- Responsive and adaptable to new challenges
- Demonstrates strong work ethics acting as an example to others
- Able to multi-task at high levels with multiple programs running and managing all mediaThe responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Document customer interactions information within Cummins, strengthening the link between the customer and the factory
- Build a professional relationship with customers to increase loyalty in the Cummins' products
- Provide intermediate, direct, and prompt assistance to customers through various media platforms while acting as the customer advocate
- Resolve less common customer issues through a broad understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices
- Contribute to the development of customer and knowledge database(s) by accurately and consistently recording customer contact information and Frequently Asked Questions
- Willingness to share information by providing assistance to peers while having openness to learning and contributing to the development of a positive work environment within customer care
- Assist with coordination of product information between business units, distributors, end users, etc.
- Support Six Sigma as a team member and input ideas into hopper
Computer / Telephone Skills:
- Representatives should be intermediate in the application of customer service knowledge/skill set in a wide range of work situations
- Practical experience interacting with customers providing technical direction
- Ability to interpret troubleshooting techniques to provide assistance to customers
- Ability to manage conflict and diffuse situations to provide optimal resolution
- Should possess intermediate skills in planning, organizing, problem solving, attention to detail, accuracy, and professionalism
- Management of assigned accounts, end users, and distributors in house customers aligned with service level agreements that include but not limited to daily, weekly, and monthly reporting measures, communication with details, follow through with deliverables, etc.
- Familiar with computer related programs such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc), Internet, Intranet, etc.
- Able to type 30 WPM
- Foundational understanding of Telephony reporting measures
- Understanding of applicable database systems (GOMS, Seibel, IMS, Red Prairie, and /or Citrix) and ability to run reporting measures
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of manufacturing systems and the applicable processes
- Understanding of logistical concepts
- Understanding and ability to expand on knowledge of service engineering
- Testing situations for GOMS, Siebel, and Web Parts
- Knowledge of international shipping terms, procedures, and trading rules
- Knowledge of general sales procedures, pricing, letter of credit, and terms of payment
HS Diploma and minimum 2 years of Customer Support experienceCompensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with experience,
Benefits: Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.