At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Supply Chain Supervisor for the Columbia, MO plant location. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Supply Chain Supervisor will be responsible for providing direct supervision of our HealthCare Supply Chain Analysts and supply chain processes in a manufacturing environment.
Coach employees to drive continuous improvement in material movement, procurement practices, inventory control, production planning, supplier management, and cycle time reduction.
The Supply Chain Supervisor will have additional responsibilities of driving business process improvement and general readiness activities in preparation for SAP implementation. This will include leading and coaching planning process standardization projects which require strong engagement with our Divisions and cross-functional team members.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide direct supervision to Health Care Supply Chain Analysts in the areas of procurement, inventory management, and production planning. Provide development opportunities, share expertise, and provide training. Provide coaching in the areas of customer communication, cross-functional team dynamics, production planning, purchasing, conflict resolution, and supplier management.
- Work closely with our Electronics-Energy-Industrial Supply Chain Supervisor & Analysts to coordinate standardization between the businesses while driving the KPI's for the different planning models. Responsible for continuous alignment between our diverse business processes on-site.
- Influence decision-making activities and alignment of supply chain objectives through partnership of the S&OP or IBP process. Assist providing the connection between demand, supply, and production plans and resolve issues as appropriate. Work closely with the business units to understand customer requirements and forecasts.
- Work closely with manufacturing to ensure alignment to business requirements by coaching the use of corporate parameter management tools. Teach the theory and importance of executing strong parameter management (lead time, safety stock, batch size, MOQs, supermarket, etc). Create measures to track improvement in these areas.
- Co-Lead Supply Chain meetings, Lead Healthcare team meetings, and improve communications across the groups. As needed back-up and support Supply Chain Analysts (which can include supplier deliver/SCAR issue management, urgent material movement coordination, and aligning quality, production, and warehousing to meet customer needs).
- Identify, lead, and participate in Projects, Kaizens, or Katas to simplify supply chain business processes, standardize site activities, improve planning efficiency, improve supplier relationships, and enhance our customer service levels. Incorporate Lean Six Sigma Principles and project management techniques as appropriate. Drive completion of project activity required for SAP implementation and value stream improvement plans.
- Actively participate in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, comply with corporate policies and procedures, and act in a manner consistent with 3M's values, ethical standards, and Leadership Behaviors. Demonstrate and promote Customer First!
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in Operations, Manufacturing, and/or Supply Chain
- Combined experience leading and participating on projects and/or project management experience
- APICS CPIM or CSCP Certified
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Led multiple Green Belt and Lean projects
- Organizational and time management skills
- Minimum of two years supervisory experience
- Experience with multiple divisions and product lines
- Procurement experience-especially with difficult suppliers
- Excellent oral and written communication; good presentation skills
- Minimum of five years manufacturing plant experience or interaction
- Ability (Desire & Drive) to lead and coach cross-functional, multi-location teams
- Change management experience; especially experience within SAP Business Transformation
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others and work effectively in a team environment
- Experience or knowledge of 3M planning systems and order flow such as SAP, E1M, JDA, Factory Planner, SCP, DMPT, PeopleSoft, COMS, GGSM, GDMR, IMES, USS, SCPA, ERC, etc.
- Ability to obtain and analyze large amounts of data and use that data to make critical business decisions (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access - Reporting & Analytics, SCPA, etc)
May include up to 15% travelRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.