Arconic Wheel and Transportation Products invented the first forged aluminum truck wheel in 1948-and by doing so, we created an entire industry. Seven decades later, we're proud to be the global market leader in the forged, aluminum heavy-duty truck wheel market, holding the number one position. We've helped customers around the world to increase payload while saving fuel and reducing maintenance by switching out heavy steel wheels for lightweight aluminum.
The Supply Chain Engineer
will have a key role in the Supply Chain organization, with a strong focus on Smart System tools that work to balance supply with demand and develop supply plans based on S&OP input.Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Actively engage with GSC resources throughout the AWTP locations offering solutions, and building and improving SC planning processes;
- Be the key systems superuser for Oracle Enterprise Business Systems (EBS);
- Be the key knowledge owner and administrator of the GSC SharePoint sites;
- Develop and enhance Dashboards and tools for monitoring of Global supply chain health;
- Develop and implement tools to evaluate inventory levels and recommend strategies for AWTP;
- Develop and implement tools to perform strategic sourcing analyses for forging, machining and finishing requirements;
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts related to Supply Network Planning and Management processes via Value Stream Mapping/Process Optimization;
- Be the Key contact point for Smart Manufacturing / Industry 4.0 interfaces within the Global SC team;
- Be the key business systems integrator for Shop Floor Systems / Oracle business systems and Smart manufacturing interfaces in the GSC Planning tool set;
- Advocating and crafting better AWTP SC Systems solutions;
- Using a system based approach to integrate production planning, logistics planning, and inventories into an agile Smart Supply Chain.
- Actively search out and integrate business trends in Smart Supply Chain processes including:
- Smart manufacturing trends;
- Industry 4.0 concepts;
- Integration of shop floor systems in the Smart Supply chain processes of the future;
- Drive cost savings and improved customer satisfaction in the fully integrated AWTP Supply Chain.
- Develop and implement tools and reporting in support of global Supply Chain Planner and Logistic roles to improve processes and enhance decision making.
- Work with rapidly changing knowledge base of Smart manufacturing and Industry 4.0 concepts and the need to integrate the new with currently defined processes, data integrity and effective information systems;
- Work for the whole of Arconic Wheel Products to implement supply planning processes and develop and track metrics required to ensure effectiveness and efficiency across a global footprint;
- work with information systems to design and implement the required tools to support an agile Global Supply Chain team.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of supply chain planning and / or process design experience;
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle, SAP or similar;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Systems/Computer Science or Data Analytics from an accredited institution;
- Possess APICS certification;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience in project management, from concept to delivery;
- Experience working in a team environment, on projects and applying organization specific know-how to achieve key operating results;
- Possess a thorough knowledge of manufacturing flow-paths, capacity management, supply chain planning processes and tools and the desire to contribute to the implementation of a world class planning process that results in improved service, lower costs and optimized inventory.