The Supply Planning Advisor is a critical role within the centralized supply planning function for the Americas region and is part of Lubricants' Global Supply Chain (GSC). As the Supply Planning Advisor, your primary role is to optimize the balance between the Demand Plan and the Supply Plan while delivering key business metrics such as service and inventory. The Supply Planning Advisor is responsible for leading the central and plant planners in the near-term daily execution, by developing and executing supply solutions. You will assist in the mid-term by working with the planners to set inventory targets, and by leading the planning activities within project teams. In addition, you will act as a mentor to improve planning knowledge within the Supply Chain organization, standardize processes, and continually improve.Key accountabilities
- Lead daily planning operations for the Auto Supply Chain to ensure customer needs are being met while managing Service and Inventory.
- Lead planning activities for assigned projects. This includes developing timelines, defining and understanding the planning impact, setting plant inventory policies, developing and executing draw-down and build-up plans, projecting inventory levels, and communicating these changes to the rest of the planning team so we flawlessly execute.
- Help lead the below-the-line planning processes and systems to support the 0-3 month planning horizon.
- Define inventory policies, and help set/monitor plant level inventory targets using those defined policies.
- Identify, influence, and drive continuous improvement opportunities within Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Procurement, Logistics and Manufacturing.
- Work with Procurement and Raw Material Planning to understand raw material constraints and then deploy strategies and tactics that support our service commitments.
- Own documentation of certain processes.
- Work with Demand Planning and Sales to manage abnormal demand situations.
- Lead and support Business Continuity Management efforts through support or development of Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) and participation on Incident Management Teams (IMT) or Business Support Teams (BST). In particular, this role annually updates and implements the annual Hurricane BCP.
- Support OMS, safety, quality, risk management, and compliance throughout GSC/Automotive.
Essential experience and job requirements
- BS degree, preferably in business administration, supply chain, or logistics
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- 5 years of supply planning experience
- Experience with creating demand-driven, integrated Master Plans, Material Requirement Plans and Rough Cut Capacity Plans.
- Demonstrated experience with problem identification, data analysis, and process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or leading cross-functional supply chain partners
- Knowledge of ERP planning (DRP, MPS, MRP, SFC, BOM, Master Data, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- High level of organization skills
- Ability to influence up and down, and engage others
- Self-starter; able to kick off improvement projects and manage within a cross functional team
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
- 5 years of experience in consumer products or a similar fast moving industry, in either production and/or supply chain
- 1 year supporting multiple plants in a planning or supply chain capacity
- Experience in demand planning, manufacturing, and/or logistics/warehousing
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
- Master's in supply chain MBA
- APICS or CSCMP certification
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP Lubricants aspires to be the best branded marketer in the global lubricants industry. We focus on creating superior value for our customers and consumers, through differentiated lubricants and related products, backed by excellent services and people, in an efficient and safe operation. We offer a wide range of lubricant products and services for the consumer, commercial, marine and industrial markets. Our brand portfolio includes Castrol, Veedol, Aral and BP, each backed by our commitment to high performance and leading-edge technology.
In the US, BP Lubricants has a well established reputation for innovation in our product offerings and go-to-market approach. Our premium, high performance engine oils are category leaders and we work closely with our channel partners to maintain and grow our business in a mutually beneficial manner.Segment
[ "28-Sep-2017" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.