I. Job Summary:
The Support Coach supervises a high performing team responsible for supporting operations during the weekend shift to ensure product efficiently and effectively moves through the facility. The Coach must plan and monitor which product is received into the facility to meet store demand. By monitoring the products and the accuracy of the facility's processes, the Support Coach can ensure correct quantity and quality products gets to the customer. The position must also resolve inventory discrepancies so that product in demand can be shipped to the stores on time. The Support Coach must monitor and receive calls from the stores requesting information, such as, proposed product shipment dates.
II. Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Monitor the DMS system to ensure items are set up correctly in the system
• Resolve inventory discrepancies when product does not allocate appropriately
• Review warehouse capacity, assign Operations Team Members to move product around to make space for inbounding product
• Mentor and monitor subordinate's performance; ensure subordinates are executing assigned tasks accurately and as scheduled
• Monitor priority demand or special orders to ensure shipment; review purchase orders on the yard to identify any trailers that need received into inventory for cross dock opportunities
• Place inbound trailers on hold in the yard (not to be received into inventory) if overstocked with product
• Research and close waves (product to be picked) that are complete in the database
• Report, to upper management and Corporate, damages that have occurred in-house over a certain threshold
III. Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Take calls from stores requesting information or when an issue has escalated
• Review receiving schedule created by direct reports
• Prepare direct reports for upward promotion
• Provide team access to training to learn other roles (backfilling purposes)
• Prioritize DC to DC shipments. Coordinate the allocation of product and ready the shipment by setting up the DMS system to stage product at the appropriate shipping door; notify Operations Coaches of shipment
• Prepare shift turn over documentation
• Assist DMS and operation team members with any issues with product that arises (field in-house calls)
• Create and update corrective actions reports for Operations Team Members not performing correct process during a process audit
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.