SUMMARY The primary purpose of this position is to support the Category Management teams with the set up of new items, promotions, contracts, and recalls and any maintenance during the life cycle of an item. The incumbent is also required to perform all tasks in observance of Rite Aid's brand and strategy and adhere to our core values and service attributes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
Experience / Requirements
- Obtain and collect new item and maintenance data updates from the category management teams by reviewing all data to ensure completeness, timeliness, accuracy of maintaining the item file.
- Ensure the advertised items are accurate and events are entered correctly into the Event Planning system
- Communicate effectively with category management team to obtain vendor approved scan funding and incremental funding contracts to support promotional offers
- Research and execute requests for item maintenance from other departments such as Merchandising, Replenishment, and Marketing
- Ensure all changes, additions, and deletions are made to the promotional events based on research of all items and corrections submitted from the Category Managers
- Review for accuracy, systematic approval, and scanning of incremental and scan funding contracts that support promotional offers
- Research and communicate item data set changes with the category management teams on a regular basis, including item descriptions, vendor information, shipping requirements, and distribution information
- Solicit regular feedback from the Category Management teams and Distribution department to ensure accuracy and consistency of item information to ensure replenishment and all store systems stay in sync
- Research, respond, and make corrections during the annual plan-o-gram review cycle any item maintenance, and discontinued item dispositions. Perform sorting and checking of discontinued item reports, and entry into the recall system
- Approve prices in the advertising event based on information provided in the ad schedule
- Two (2) years' of experience in retail preferred
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) Arts/Science preferred