Make Bing Ads Technical Support at Microsoft Advertising part of your career story! Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
Global Support is a focal point for Bing advertisers around the world and the Bing Ads Technical Support team plays a pivotal role in supporting Bing search. As a Technical Support Engineer (TSE), you will provide advanced technical support for Microsoft online advertising global sales teams with a primary focus on technically supporting paid search results that appear on Bing and other web properties such as AOL and Yahoo!.
The individual that will succeed in this role will have experience in and a passion for great customer service and strong team relationships. You will partner with our platform development team, share knowledge and be an effective advocate for our internal/external partners. You will join a team that is focused on results, working together to solve problems and committed to developing people.
• Effective ticket queue management providing investigation prioritization, continuous and timely updates to customers.
• Take ownership to resolve customer issues in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs) balancing speed and quality.
• Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the Global Support knowledge base.
• Compose timely world-wide correspondence or alerts to sales teams and partners as appropriate.
• Work with sales teams and partners to gather escalation information and customer/business impact.
• Highlight systemic issues and trends to identify platform enhancements with business and R&D teams.
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline preferred.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Advanced problem solving ability to drive great customer service and strong team relationships
• Minimum 3 years experience in a customer support, technical support, or software development organization, in the online industry for a high volume commercial website or service (5+ years experience preferred)
• Minimum 2 year experience using SQL required with ability to manipulate data rapidly and use complex joins (3+ years experience preferred)
• Experience with the following web API technologies preferred: SOAP, JSON, XML Experience working on billing support and customer billing escalations preferred
• Experience working with remote/virtual teams; ability to collaborate across boundaries
• Work in a team environment leveraging others’ ideas, contributing to others’ success
• Willingness to embrace challenge; desire to learn and always improve
• English language skills including strong verbal and written communication skills required for all levels of stakeholders
• Strong documentation skills to be utilized for case management, knowledge capture, bug management and training
• Very strong problem solving skills, influencing skills, attention to detail and commitment to quality
• Motivation and passion for the success of the customer; customer obsession
• Occasional night and weekend on-call work is required
• Organic & Paid search experience preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.