Support Engineering Manager
CSS Americas Support Engineering – Exchange/Outlook/O365
Location: Fargo, ND
Do you love working with customers? Do you love working with teams, both virtual and direct, to solve all sorts of challenging and fascinating problems? Do you love motivating people? Do you love trying new things?
Customer Support & Services (CSS) is a global organization relentlessly in the pursuit of delivering truly exceptional customer experiences. We take accountability for what we can control and lead the way where we cannot. We are passionate about continuous improvement: we try stuff, we learn, we modify, we try again until we get it right for our customers, for our partners, for our people. We advocate for our customers, providing insights gleaned from our customer engagements to service, sales and development teams all aimed at improving product and service experiences across Microsoft. We love to collaborate.
We are searching for a Support Engineering Manager (SEM) to lead a team of Support Escalation Engineers in Fargo, ND. This team is focused on Exchange and Outlook technologies, large enterprise customers, and both On-Premise and O365 environments. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who will bring a deep commitment to continual improvement; who possesses strong and clear communication skills (including active and empathetic listening); who demonstrates a clear desire to work with a diverse group of people; who is passionate about collaboration; who will lead, not just manage; who will obsess over customers; and who will have fun doing it.
• Lead, schedule, and coordinate daily work, meetings, and projects relevant to the team and organization
• Regularly conduct 1:1 meetings with direct reports to communicate team and organizational goals, progress against same, and to solicit feedback.
• Conduct performance review and career development discussions with each direct report.
• Collaborate with peers to drive consistency across the organization and with partners in other business units to drive improvements to services and offerings.
• Maintain individual and team cohesiveness and morale.
• Conduct case reviews to ensure adherence to standardized case management standards, to monitor for customer dissatisfaction, and to ensure that we continually deliver high quality service.
• Respond to escalated customer cases in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate resources are assigned; engage directly with the field services team, customers, and senior leadership to manage customer escalations and ensure robust status communication
• Serve occasional on-call rotations (requires round-the-clock availability).
• Prior customer-direct technical support delivery experience (as either a manager, a technical lead, a support engineer, technician, or intern, or similar) required
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of diverse people, preferably in a technical environment
• Experience building and maintaining productive relationships across organizations and geographies
• An understanding of support processes and customer expectations
• Proven organizational and planning skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.