Make Publisher Quality at Microsoft Advertising (Bing) part of your career story!
Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We offer a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry.
As a Publisher Quality Support Engineer, you will be part of a core team managing programs designed to monitor and enforce Bing Ads Publisher Policies. Our team is focused on the balance of risk mitigation and user experience with the sales and advertiser quality experience. With Bing Ads playing a major role in Microsoft’s economic future, the stakes are high in ensuring our network quality represents the Microsoft brand.
The ideal candidate will enjoy solving complex problems, tackling new and tough challenges, and have a knack for identifying optimization opportunities in process or technology. The focus will be analyzing partner implementations and traffic across advertiser and publisher data, campaigns, domains, apps and traffic sources in an effort to protect our advertisers’ ROI across the Bing Ads Network, and to identify suspicious sources, entities and policy violations. We embrace our work with passion, not only because of the positive impact it has for our business and Microsoft, but because it’s simply the right thing to do for the internet community and the world!
• Serve as key end-to-end expert on publisher implementations and how they impact our advertisers as well as the overall search network.
• Analyze trends in escalation queues to identify possible issues which you will further investigate to identify if corrective action is needed to enforce policy
• Analyze large volumes of data to interpret traffic patterns and distribution of clicks and impressions, document conclusions and make policy, platform or partner recommendations to mitigate further issues
• Provide thought leadership to influence Publisher Policy as well as corrective action for publishers or engineering efforts
• Ongoing engagement with various globally diverse engineering teams and business groups to support publisher policy compliance through initial reviews and ongoing monitoring.
• 2+ years of experience with online Search platforms in support, analyst or service role related to publishers
• 2+ years of project, program and/or online digital media policy quality experience
• Strong analytical skills. Solid skills in using pivot tables and charts to represent large data sets and the ability to identify ‘the story’ used to influence change
• Strong communications skills - ability to support and defend policy decisions firmly and diplomatically across teams
• Ability to translate complex technical terms and operations into easy-to-understand language for a variety of audiences
• Extremely detail oriented and thorough, with the ability to understand the “big picture” and business strategy regarding how publisher supply is a critical component to our future
• BA or BS degree; Multilingual skills a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.