When was the last time you got in on the ground floor of a new technology - no, strike that, a new field? We’re expanding the team chartered with creating and delivering a new support experience for customers working in Big Data Analytics. With the release of HDInsight (Microsoft implementation of Apache Hadoop) and many other Azure services, we need people who love helping customers solve tough problems; people who can develop processes and systems that ensure success for our customers and our team; and those who can thrive in ambiguity (who knows what types of challenges and problems we’ll encounter). Sound fun? Challenging? Tough? If that appeals to you *and* you work well in a team, then we want to hear from you!
- Provide in-depth technical support for customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Determine the best approach for resolving complex technical issues that will yield the desired turn-around time and optimal customer solution while minimizing the impact to the customer.
- Engage and collaborate with other Microsoft groups, including escalation teams and the R&D Team, and 3rd party support partner (Open Source), in gaining resolution to critical, complex issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service in politically charged environments.
- Represent Microsoft professionally in customer and partner onsite visits, where travel may be required with little advance notice.
- Create advanced online technical content including Knowledge Base articles, training documents, blogs, etc., as needed to help enhance our CSS Front of Funnel strategy and drive one-to-many customer and partner impact.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all related products, technologies and upcoming releases. Take proactive ownership in identifying and recommending product improvements in key product areas based on key data points.
- Participate in planned team-wide shift rotations to cover business needs, including 24x7 “on-call” responsibilities and weekend work.
- Present technical content to various audiences including customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Provide consulting services to partners and customers to increase product market share.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future, and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
• 2 years’ engineering experience with big data and/or analytics products and services
• 2 years’ experience in customer, technical, or end-user support or consulting
• Experience with Windows and Linux.
• Knowledge and experience with the Open Source ecosystem.
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do the right thing under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Great interpersonal and communication skills-both oral and written-and success in partnering with groups inside and outside of Microsoft.
• Initiative. Self-motivated and independent thinker that routinely translates circumstances and understanding into actions that move the business forward in a measurable manner.
• Ability to distill, prioritize and act on feedback from a variety of sources.
• Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
• BA/BS degree, MBA ideal.
• Experience in RDMS such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft BI technologies including SQL Server Analysis Services, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Service is a plus.
• Experience with Hadoop, NoSQL , ETL, streaming, Machine Learning or other Big Data/Analytics technology preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.