Looking to join an exciting industry and organization that is at the forefront of the next Tech industry transformation? The transformation that is occurring within the tech industry is being accelerated by the maturity and rapid adoption of cloud computing. This rapid adoption across organizations is changing the needs and expectations of customers in the partnership with their vendors. Industry after industry is becoming technology-driven as software rapidly eats the world. As it spreads, so do complexity and opportunity. The next-generation tech industry is where suppliers play an active, ongoing role in helping business customers achieve unparalleled value from their technology investments. This expectation will require Microsoft to re-assess how it thinks about services and how to support these customers through the customer life-cycle that is focused on customer outcomes. The vision of the Customer Support Services (CSS) organization is about being relentless in the pursuit of truly exceptional customer experiences.
We are seeking to build out the team of next generation Support Engineers in this big tech transformation. This requires an engineer who is relentlessly customer-centric, a problem-solver, strong collaborator, and risk-taker that embraces that challenger mindset. We’re looking for someone who embodies customer obsession and empathy. Someone who is adept at getting to the root of the issue, regardless of where the code base resides.
If you enjoy using technology creatively, overcoming complex technical challenges, and working as part of a team with some of the best people in the industry, then CSS is the place for you. Come join an organization that supports work-life balance, personal & professional development, and diversity.
Specifically, CSS seeks qualified professionals who:
• Enjoy providing the highest level of customer service,
• Smart and intellectually curious,
• Seek a challenging work experience,
• Want to learn and gain greater expertise in their field,
• Enjoy working at a growth company with lots of advancement opportunities,
• Can work hard while having fun, and act in an honest and ethical manner.
• B.S degree in C.S. or EE or equivalent industry experience with Windows and System Center on-premise products.
• Exceptional Problem-Solving and Communication Skills - Spoken and written English (including technical writing).
• Two or more years of experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting with a working knowledge of:
- SQL Database concepts and some familiarity with SQL Profiler.
- Windows Server Operating System knowledge which includes understanding of NTFS/Share Permissions, File Sharing, Performance Monitoring, Event logging, Task Manager, Windows Firewall, User and Group Management.
- Understanding of Patch Management and experience with Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Understanding of WMI and familiarity with WQL queries
- Active Directory concepts such as Kerberos, LDAP, Sites and Security Groups.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and other networking services: DNS, WINS, DHCP, Routing.
• Four or more years of industry experience with Microsoft Server products.
• Strong knowledge of any Microsoft® System Center Products, with the ‘main’ emphasis on the following System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM / ConfigMgr) concepts:
- General knowledge in sites, site roles, site component configuration: including Primary and Secondary sites, Distribution Points, Pull Distribution Points, discovery, boundaries, Application Catalog, and client policy.
- Experience with installing sites, Software Updates Management, Operating System Deployment and Software Distribution.
- Experience with various client features like discovery, installation, inventory and software metering.
- Familiar with status messages and various server and client-side logs used for troubleshooting.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.