Would you like to be part of the evolution of Azure and cloud support services, to be constantly challenged as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to customers, support customers using a service rather than on premise Microsoft products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft engineering and product teams?
We are looking for a Support Engineer with software development experience, preferably .Net, to join our Azure PAAS Dev POD team within Global Business Support, to work directly with developer customers, who range from small software developers to global Fortune 100 corporations. You will be a member of a Dev Pod team that tackles challenging solutions for Microsoft's Azure cloud customers. You will work with other engineers to debug, troubleshoot, correct code, and help resolve customer issues.
· Analyze customers’ Azure problems and develop solutions to meet their needs.
· Take responsibility to see that technical issues are resolved, which will involve problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting, correcting code.
· Communicate technically complex information with Microsoft’s developer customers via email, telephone, and electronic services.
· Continually learn technologies and develop deep expertise in software development and cloud related tech.
· Share knowledge and key learnings with the team.
· Opportunity to specialize in one of many Azure areas including: compute, storage, cache, or service bus.
· Document work completed, and time spent on customer issues.
· Create advanced technical content including Blog articles, samples, and training.
· Provide actionable feedback to the engineering teams by isolating software bugs, surfacing customer pain points, and collecting customer suggestions.
· Participate actively in regular technical triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers to help quickly resolve their customer issues.
· Collaborate with customers and Microsoft employees including: managers, support engineers, account managers, operations, and product development teams.
· At least one year experience in software development, technical software support, systems development, or consulting
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to provide clear instructions and communicate complex technical information effectively.
· Able to work both independently and in a team environment.
· Strong problem solving skills are essential, including the ability to debug applications written in native or managed code.
· Networking skills, and cloud development are a definite positive.
· A strong working knowledge of web services and technologies is essential.
· Bachelor's degree in C.S. or E.E. is a plus
· Advanced certification is a plus.
Software Development experience desired in one or more of the following:
· Software development experience with C++ or C#
· Debugging code (WINdbg, Visual Studio Debugger)
· Linux, Mac, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python or Ruby.
· ASP.Net, IIS
For this position, you will be required to pass Microsoft background check prior to the start of employment and periodically thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.