At Quintiles we help healthcare and biopharma companies improve their probability of success. We do this by connecting our scientific, therapeutic and analytics expertise with superior delivery. From advisory through operations, Quintiles and its affiliate companies is the world's largest provider of product development and integrated healthcare services.
As one of FORTUNE's 'Most Admired Companies' in 2016, we offer great opportunities for a career in world-leading clinical research. Our global projects, innovative tools and industry leading customers combined with outstanding support from our leadership team and clear career mapping allows you to make a difference in patient health.DescriptionJoin us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA is looking for a devops support engineer to join our production support team with a focus on our Puppet tool and automation infrastructure. In this role, you will be responsible for the care and feeding of the registry platform application environment and it's integration with Puppet. Implementation of new environments, operations support and application troubleshooting. This is true Software as a Service platform role with an emphasis on devops, with ownership of our automation framework, process enhancement, collaboration with engineering teams and hands-on console work. The ideal candidate would demonstrate:
- Puppet experience is a must, including experience in building puppet modules.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Bamboo, Subversions, Nexus and Maven.
- Coding and/or scripting skills in bash, ruby, perl or python.
- Experience with systems and IT operations in a virtualized/cloud Linux environment.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment.
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- 7 years system experience
- 5 years of hands-on Linux experience and demonstrated understanding of shell programming and scripting.
- 4 years' experience with puppet in enterprise environment.
- At least 2 years experience working in a customer-facing environment, either SaaS or Internet, in a 24x7x365 support role.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring setup and configuration on tools such as Orion, Splunk, and AppDynamics.
- Demonstrated understanding of network concepts such as routing, switching, load balancing, firewalls, etc.
Like to have:
- Background in build engineering or continuous integration.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people
. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and
* Quintiles helped develop or commercialize 98 of the Top 100
best-selling products of 2015
* Quintiles has 36,000
employees conducting business in more than 100
* Quintiles was named to FORTUNE's World's Most Admired Companies®
* Quintiles was named as a 2016 World's Most Ethical Company®
by the Ethisphere Institute