Are you ready for the Next Generation? Be on the cutting edge of Microsoft technologies by joining our Enterprise Unified Communications Support team! Learn the nuts and bolts of our revolutionary new enterprise communications and collaboration services – Microsoft Skype for Business Online and Exchange Online Unified Messaging. Imagine having the resources to influence tomorrow’s reality today, and having fun while you do it. That’s Microsoft. Right now, we’re looking for people who think big and dream big - people a lot like you. If you’re ready to discover just how far your talents can take you, read on…
Work in a team environment at one of our US global escalation sites to support organization who rely on our Office365 cloud offering, specifically focused on Skype for Business Online and Exchange Online Unified Messaging. Those who work in the Unified Communications organization are passionate about technology and helping others. They must be highly observant and skilled in detection in order to resolve issues. This requires empathy, outstanding logic skills, the ability to think differently than the crowd, and a genuine desire to help people do their best. Successful candidates should also be able to manage a diverse number of work items from different customers and be able to prioritize and multitask effectively throughout the working day. Some on-call and weekend or late-night shift responsibilities may be required on occasion.
Product support offers many opportunities for specialization and advancement, and support engineers receive world-class training in order to stay on top of emerging technologies. Team members have the freedom to pursue the types of products that interest them most or pursue training in new products at any time to expand their skills and advance their careers.
Represent Microsoft and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding technically complex escalated problems identified in Microsoft software products, and manage relationships with those customers. Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer focus skills.
• Receive escalated, technically complex mission critical or politically hot customer issues, and maintain ownership of issue until resolved completely.
• Solve highly complex level of escalated problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty.
• Acquire & coordinate resources from other product support groups as needed to resolve complex, multi-product customer issues.
• Represent Microsoft professionally during occasional customer facing on-site engagements.
• Act as technical lead, mentor, and role model on a team of engineers; provide direction to others, review solutions and articles, etc. Mentor new Support Engineers.
• Develop and deliver technical training to other engineers.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
• Report software bugs and customer suggestions.
• Write complex technical articles, sample scripts and diagnostic rules to improve engineer and customer product knowledge and supportability.
• Assist with selection of new team members.
• May act as technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
• 3+ years of experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting or equivalent work experience
• Solid understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technologies fundamentals.
• Previous experience deploying, administrating and/or supporting an enterprise instant messaging, real time communications solution or enterprise messaging solution such as OCS/Skype for Business, Jabber, Exchange, Cisco WebEX
• Initiative to develop expertise on new technologies beyond provided classroom training.
• Candidates with strong and lengthy experience in supporting complex, enterprise networking products and networking operating systems (preferably Windows Server but not limited to) for 3 years or more will be considered even when the above qualifications may not all be present.
• A strong understanding of Networking fundamentals such as Routing & Switching Protocols, TCP/IP, QoS, VLANs, DNS and WAN protocols and technologies Full Microsoft certifications for the products we support is required within one year of employment.
• Candidates must also have strong customer service, accurate and logical problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong ability to interact and communicate with groups outside the support engineer’s immediate workgroup.
• In-depth understanding and experience with VoIP technologies, protocols (such as SIP, RTP) and products is ideal but not required
• The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in C.S. or E.E. and 3+ years product support experience or the equivalent in work experience.
• Prior knowledge of Skype for Business or Office Communications Server is ideal
• Programming and debugging skills are a plus but not required. The ability to read and analyze network traces is ideal.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.