The Sr. Delivery Manager (SDM) position is a leadership position in the organization in which the individual may be responsible for managing one customer or a small book of business (i.e. geography based) while managing 1-3 Delivery Managers. Alternatively, the Senior Delivery Manager may be responsible for these same duties for a very complex, large scale program or engagement with high demands around deliverables, SLAs, or technology/practice acumen. When management duties are involved, responsible for the guidance and mentorship of a team of delivery managers based in a region or practice area. The Sr. Delivery Manager provides delivery assurance of application services for clients through a range of internal and external functions in the following areas: Solution Delivery, Account Management, Service Design Maintenance, Project Management and Resource Management responsibilities. This role may require up to 50% travel.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and their technical requirements.
* Validate the approach and solution design proposed by collaborating with customers and stakeholders to manage their expectations and resolve business issues in a timely manner.
* Facilitate internal communication and assembling a solution delivery team for new engagements.
* Consolidate project status and budget information across project portfolio.
* Track, manage and report on deliverable attainment and/or SLA (Service Level Agreement) performance.
* Lead, manage, and collaborate with TEKsystems internal employees and stakeholders located in near shore, offshore, or domestic delivery centers and the practices to ensure engagement success.
* Ensure project managers manage risk, project scope, and deliver according to the terms and conditions of our contracts.
* Ensure escalation procedures are documented and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
* Implement knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures.
* Perform issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
* Identify and coordinate the change control process, identifying areas of efficiencies and consistencies among engagements
* Establish an environment of continuous improvement and leverage the TEKsystems value framework to engage the customer in a way that brings additional value to the customer and secures renewals and extensions.
* Partnership with Business Development Manager (BDM)
* Perform periodic customer, project, and solution "health checks" with client project teams.
* Ensure customer reference-ability and support on-going relationships.
* Define and implement a Communication Plan that meets project and customer expectations.
* Develop and execute an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
Service Design and Maintenance
* Collect and provide input into the design, development, implementation and improvement of service offerings and internal processes.
* Work with shared services groups to improve and implement changes to project delivery processes, methodology, and back office procedures.
* Manage expectations for start date, schedule and ramp up time frame.
* Complete New Project Information Systems (NPIS) process.
* Ensure knowledge transfer from solution team to delivery team.
* Ensure project team requirements are communicated and team is established.
* Work closely with Project Management Office/Service Management Office and Global Practice Managers to assign delivery manager and team members.
* Ensures kick off and Project Management Life Cycle compliance throughout the engagements.
Business Support and Development:
* Proactively develop and maintain relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders.
* Maintain an awareness of customer satisfaction through communication with customer and team.
* Assist with mining additional opportunities based on intelligence gathered from the project team.
* Conduct informal customer satisfaction surveys.
* Assist Global Services in delivering formal customer satisfaction survey (who & when).
* Maintain a big picture awareness of other TEKsystems projects and potential best practices that may be applied or shared.
Resource Management Responsibilities:
* Understand and manage customer requirements (deliverables and environmental factors) to ensure contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure engagement methodology is followed by team from opportunity assessment to project closeout.
* Financial and contractual responsibility for engagements profitability.
* Explore additional business opportunities and drive future business through quality results.
* Ensure Service Management Office project management methodology is followed on all client engagements.
* Responsible for effective personnel management, development and mentorship of delivery manager team.
* Mentor, manage and develop project team members.
* Conduct mid-year, annual reviews and provide feedback throughout the year on employee performance where required.
* Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and executed according to internal and consultant HR policies.
* Effectively manage resources to ensure that operational costs are in line with revenue and profitability while maintaining coverage for upcoming projects.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelors Degree in CS/IT/IS (or related field)
* 10+ years experience in information technology and/or professional services.
* 7+ years in IT service management/project management providing project management and daily operational oversight within a professional services delivery environment.
* Strong business acumen with the ability to develop a business case, to gather business requirements, and translate them into a customer solution when required.
* Experience managing, delivering and administrating client professional services agreements including the change management process.
* IT Experience: Delivery Manager, Senior Project Manager, or other leadership in consulting services delivery required. Earlier career experience as a Business Analyst, Developer, or other IT experience a plus.
* In depth understanding of Services Outsourcing, PMI PMBOK. PMP and/or IAOP (Outsourcing Professional) certification a plus.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language), analysis and problem solving skills as well as excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Ability to lead and manage 3-5 direct reports; superior people and personnel management skills.
* Demonstrated advanced project data/ risk analysis and correlation/ mitigation skills.
* Problem solving capabilities, strong analytical skills, flexible and able to handle multiple initiatives concurrently.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.