Support Specialist, Master – Content and Collaboration
Are you an analytically minded person inspired by the ability to resolve issues? Are you ready to take your career to the next level and be recognized for your innovative contributions? As a Support Specialist at Capital One you will be able to make an impact with one of the most dynamic organizations in the Financial Services industry.
As a Support Specialist, you will coordinate production support activities for all major systems and related subsystems to ensure the integrity of computer generated data. In this critical role, you will summarize issues and communicate system capabilities or limitations.
The Production Support Specialist is responsible for safeguarding the production environment. This position will focus on the Enterprise application support environment with Content and Collaboration services like Skype for Business, Sharepoint, One Drive, Knowledgelink, Enterprise Shared Folders, and other supporting technologies. This includes coordination of production support activities for all systems within the portfolio, related subsystems, host servers, databases and other systems that the applications interact with to ensure their integrity and stability. A successful candidate must have or be capable of quickly gaining a technical understanding of architecture and environments supported. This individual will own all aspects of service delivery, including the monitoring, control and leadership of our outsourced vendor partners.
Support Specialist is expected to operate under the ITIL model, making sure that all the ITIL processes as practiced at Capital One are adhered to.
• Maintains system support documentations
• Maintains inventory of applications and associated artifacts (DR plans, contingency plans, support guides, CIs, etc.). Identifies gaps in inventory and works through closure of gaps
• Contributes to IT standards development and enforcement.
• Ensure licenses & certificates are valid
• Contributes to the assessment of software maintenance needs, works with vendor and supply chain management to make sure software maintenance contracts meet the needs
• Reviews support/maintenance contracts on an annual basis, and make sure that support and maintenance is adequately addressed in the budget review
• Drives the resolution of incidents, involves the appropriate resources and ensures fixes are implemented as quickly as possible
• Identify reoccurring issues and work with IT & Business partners to remediate using the problem management process
• Communicates to business and technical partners on incidents as they occur when they impact system performance or availability
• Ensures that problem management procedures are followed and all problems within scope are documented and closed appropriately
• Ensures that the application CIs (Configuration Items) are setup with the right hierarchy and have all the required relationships within the application layer and interacting systems
• Coordinates, approves, and/or performs changes to the systems within their portfolio and their infrastructure
• Communicates to business and technical partners on changes to the application or infrastructure which may impact the system performance or availability
• Coordinates activities with computer operations departments and user departments to ensure the integrity of the production environment.
• Periodically review and update the DR scripts to keep them updated
• Keep DR information (Recovery Time Objective, Recover To Objective, etc)
• Participate in DR exercises to recover applications and provide support to Ops testers
• Work with IT & business partners to define system metrics and SLAs
• Produces and presents monthly reports on the health of the systems within the portfolio including the gathering and reporting of all SLA metrics
• Provide feedback and/or recommendations based on metrics collected
• Participates in system design improvements and performance enhancements
• Participates in projects through the service readiness process to validate that all required Conditions of Satisfaction are met prior to project rollout
• Ensures that adequate monitoring is in place for applications within the portfolio
• Consult with business & IT partners on the evaluation of software especially as it relates to support considerations
• Associates Degree
• At least 5 years of IT experience
• At least 1 year of experience in ITIL processes
• At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: Networking, WEB, Hardware, Software, or Data Center Support
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Management, Or Engineering.
• 1+ year of experience with mobility technologies specifically Good for Enterprise and Airwatch with production support experience
• 1+ year of experience with Microsoft Exchange, Cisco IronPort Email Security, Messaging technologies SPF|DKIM|DMARK, Mobile Device Management, SharePoint, or collaboration tools.
• 1+ year of experience with open-source technologies, AWS, DevOps, or cloud computing support.
• ITIL certifications
• 1+ year of experience with Agile Process work environments
• 1+ year of IT experience in production support for enterprise users and large data center environments
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.