Support Specialist Sales Associate - Melville, NY
The Support Specialist Sales typically supports 3+ Business Bankers. The SS-Sales focuses primarily on sales support activities to include identifying cross-sell opportunities, proactive customer and prospect calls (typically by phone), prospect research, presentations, etc. The SS-Sales also performs customer service and portfolio management activities. The SS-Sales is the champion of data integrity and the sales support and service process for their respective team.
- Proactively call customers to deepen business relationships and inform customers of products and services.
- Identify cross sell opportunities.
- Proactively call prospects to schedule appointments with the banker
- Research information for customer/prospect calls
- Prepare Pitchbooks, letters and customer correspondence
- Gather required documentation for deposit openings and other product sales.
- Assist with information gathering and application process of new loans.
- Ensure high quality customer service and accurate/timely issue resolution.
- Prepare and review various reports.
- Maintain data integrity to include bank systems and relationship management programs and pipelines.
- Monitor overdraft accounts, analyze information and make sound and timely decisions.
- Meet with bankers regularly for planning, status updates and priorities
- Act as operational resource for the team.
- Assist with training of new hires/mentors.
Level of complexity, scope of support and skill set execution is greater than SS Sales I as it relates to problems solving and activities.
Additional responsibilities include projects, participation in bank initiatives, training and compliance.
- High School diploma, GED, equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 2 years of banking experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor's degree
- 4 years banking experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.