Want to help drive a world-class support experience for Windows consumers? Are you passionate about providing an amazing Windows experience that prevents or automatically resolves issues for customers? Do you possess strong PM skills to drive this change?
As a Supportability Program Manager (SPM) for Windows Customer Support (CSS), you will work closely with Windows Engineering Product Quality, Product planning, finance/forecasting, marketing, and peer CSS teams to ensure that our customers have the best support experience possible with Windows. You will help drive improvements to the product, service and ecosystem by providing the customer perspective in a well-articulated, data backed, manner that clearly identifies the product/service challenges of our customers, the cost of these on customer satisfaction and implications on budget to the business. The role will be looking for an analytical thinker with great creativity for ideas/solutions.
Over the next three years we have significant goals to help customers resolve their Windows issues themselves. We must improve the in-product experience and build the best Online self-help capabilities. This is a highly competitive market and the value of support is a differentiator.
In building improvement plans, you will work to provide a roadmap of future products and ensure that these products launch with the minimum of support issues. The Windows space is fast paced, and with Windows as a Service (WaaS) releases twice a year at minimum so the opportunity for change is great. Building and driving compelling business cases (written and verbal), with great passion for this industry, will be critical to your success.
Are you still up for the challenge? If so, we have an immediate need for someone who wants to improve the experience for Windows customers. Any previous experiences with the Windows or other operating systems would be beneficial.
Key accountabilities include:
• The Product support experiences for Windows and WaaS deployment
• Working closely with Engineering to identify product support risks for launches, and to drive improvements to current products
• Present compelling ideas to Senior Management to improve our customer/business experience
• Provide detailed analysis of where problems exist and form business solutions to resolve
• Champion customer experience and satisfaction in the product and service
• Develop technical solution content to be used by customers and internal support agents
• Ability to identify and scope program requirements (problem statements, proposed answers, timescale, cost) and then manage through delivery to sign-off complete
• Assist with training curriculum development and review all documents for technical accuracy
• Review marketing material, manuals, and packaging for possible customer challenges
• Review design specs and test plans to identify support gaps and anticipate support scenarios
• Review development bug databases to ensure that appropriate solution objects are created
• Contribute to the efficient management of technical escalations drive both individual cases and broad product issues to closure through optimization, automation and elimination
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of project management experience
• Experience in influencing product design to improve supportability
• Strong project management skills to drive ideas to solutions (removing the roadblocks)
• Strong analytical ability and effective at using multiple data sources to drive change
• Proven strategic thinking and orchestration of complex business planning
• Strong knowledge of how to use market intelligence and competitive landscape information
• Proven project management skills
• Demonstrated cross-group engineering and marketing relationships a necessity
• Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
• Passion for driving product, workflow, content and policy enhancements that benefit consumers
• Customer Service or Support experience (desired)
• Previous call center experience
• Ability to troubleshoot and reproduce moderate to complex technical issues
• Strong background in consumer Gaming, entertainment devices or transferable experience (desired)
• Proficiency with SQL queries, excel pivot tables, Power BI, SharePoint, TFS and Product Studio
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.