Suppression Sales Executive - FireMaster
What you will do:
FireMaster, a Johnson Controls Company, is seeking an experienced Salesperson to join our sales team. As a FireMaster Suppression Sales Representative, your objective will be to grow our commercial fire suppression division in your designated territory. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic person who is able to work unsupervised, has a strong sales ability, a willingness to cold call, and has a genuine desire to earn a high income. Experience in the fire protection industry is not essential as full training will be provided.
How you will do it:
• Establish contact with prospective buyers and qualify potential service requirements, scheduling sales calls, follow up of leads and utilizing outlined marketing strategies.
• Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company service offerings.
• Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan.
• Be proficient at uncovering key issues and at providing insightful and actionable recommendations for sales strategy and product deployment.
• Possess practical knowledge of fire suppression products and installation methods and be able to research/answer in-depth client inquiries regarding FireMaster/SimplexGrinnell/Tyco products and services, building codes and regulations.
• Conduct surveys to determine customer needs. Then develop sales strategies to meet these objectives.
• Manage all selling activities resulting from issues identified during the routine inspection process.
• Act as the primary point of contact within the branch for customers with noted systems integrity issues and team with franchisees and technicians for quoting, selling, and managing system repairs.
• Report progress and metrics to Supervisor, and sales team on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Communicate promptly and regularly with customers regarding all systems integrity issues, recommendations, and any other solutions that have been quoted.
• Develop a positive ongoing customer relationship to ensure that FireMaster is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
• Support the service department to generate leads for service or equipment/device upgrades.
• Exchange leads with and conduct joint sales calls with our sister company SimplexGrinnell.
• Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
• Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
• Close sufficient sales to meet sales plan objectives.
• Performs other duties as required.
What we look for:
• Minimum 4 year's experience in an outside service sales/management role
• High energy, self-starter
• Strong negotiating skills
• High Level of personal accountability as well as holding colleagues to account for performance in a positive way.
• Team player who encourages collaboration across business units.
• Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written including proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
• Must be able to pass all company required background checks