Johnson Controls Fire Suppression is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm, suppression, security, sprinkler, and communication systems.
• Field sales position responsible for selling suppression systems, products, and services to assigned customer base (including but not limited to kitchen hoods and other pre-engineered systems, Inergen, Co2, Sapphire, and other clean agent systems).
• Manage the entire sales process, from uncovering opportunity, developing solution/value proposition, preparing design, creating contract, negotiating terms, closing opportunities, and providing on-going customer service through service delivery
• Work with other sales, technical, design engineering, service, support, and management to meet customer needs
• May specialize on project type, customer type (contractor/bid or end-user), or sales strategy (new or existing customers)
• Determine customer needs and develop a sales strategy to gain customer understanding of company product offerings
• Close sales to meet or exceed sales plan objectives.
• Develop and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designated sales plan.
• Assume account management responsibility including the provision and/or coordination of services (installation, customer training, etc.) to assure complete customer satisfaction.
• Develop financial justifications, prepare proposals, make presentations, and perform necessary follow-up for successful closing of the sales.
• Arrange for and/or coordinate delivery and installation.
• Investigate and resolve customer problems in regard to delivery dates, billings, financing and other related matters.
• Maintain established accounts through regular customer contact in pursuit of additional sales.
• Perform periodic market investigations within as assigned territory to develop new applications; provide sales forecasting for assigned territory.
• Conduct building surveys to support the development of estimates.
• Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
• Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
• Develop a positive ongoing relationship with customers to ensure that SimplexGrinnell is meeting their requirements to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
• Support the Service Department towards achieving customer excellence, as well as working with other departments to generate leads for service or equipment / device upgrades.
• Associates degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience in the fire suppression business.
• One to Three Years of Sales Experience in a business with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable or a recent college graduate with1-2 extra-curricular activities or internships with roles demonstrating entrepreneurial and/or leadership abilities.
• Excellent communication skills with strong presentation skills.
• Must have the ability to persuade and close sales.
• Must have the ability to handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process, disciplined to work with limited supervision, and work as port of a team.
• Ability to achieve sales quota, as well as implement service sales strategy to exceed goals.
• Ability to write sales plans.
• Must be a self-starter.
• Ability to follow-up.
• Ability to make cold calls.
• Able to work accurately with numbers.
• MS office and internet skills a must.
• Experience with a CRM tool is a plus.
Only applicants who possess the minimum qualifications will be considered.
This job is not eligible for relocation.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.