What you will do:
We are currently looking to hire a Suppression Installer/Service Technician. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. You will help maintain a quickly growing suppression department performing inspection, service and repair of suppression product lines that include fire extinguishers, emergency lights, pre-engineered kitchen hood systems, and clean agent suppression systems. You will perform basic, routine and repeatable install and service tasks independently or assist the responsible person for completion of install and service related tasks for mechanical product lines. How you will do it:
What we look for
- Install and/or inspect fire extinguishers, emergency lights, and various types of suppression systems.
- Accurately discern and document deficiencies found during an inspection
- Make recommendations based on manufactures specification and state/local national codes.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations while performing quality service
- Professionally represent the company at all times
- Maintain proper stock of equipment, parts, and supplies
- Inform all customers of deficiencies and upgrades by using Fire Protection Deficiency Report
- Survey target accounts for marketing follow up
- Perform all DOT required safety practices paperwork
- Complete all paperwork in a professional manner
- Attend all required training and/or meetings
- Perform other duties as directed.
Who we are
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
- 18 Years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test
- Customer Service experience
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Knowledge of pipe threading and pipe fitting preferred.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
- Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.