Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Suppression Team Leader- SimplexGrinnell
About the role
SimplexGrinnell is a recognized leader in the sales and service of state of the art monitor and control systems for fire alarm, security, portable fire extinguishers, suppression, off road vehicle suppression systems and sprinkler systems.
• Manager a team of people
• Experience in low voltage electrical systems, reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals.
• Knowledge of test equipment, multi-meter, digital analyzer, and commissioning devices.
• Familiarity with clean agent systems preferred. Fike, Fenwal, Kidde, Silent Knight or Ansul.
• Good understanding of off road vehicle systems. Ansul, Amerex, Affex, Kidde
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 80 lbs.
• Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet.
• Able to work at heights up to 250 feet
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Who we're looking for:
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer needs.
• Strong mechanical skill set. Able to weld and cut steel
• Perform fire inspections and turn in paper work in a timely manner
• Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
• Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
• Self- starter/Able to work with little supervision, Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
• Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
• Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
• Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.