MEDICAL CITY DALLAS
Mixed (rotating weekends)
• Responsible for overseeing the daily food production operations for the Room Service program, Physicians Dining Room, Cafeteria and catering events.
• Ensures that all food items are prepared, served and stored according to HACCP and regulatory agency standards. Maintains high standards of quality, safety and sanitation.
• Acts as a liaison during health inspections.
• Effectively supervises staff, assists in the hiring, counseling, coaching and development of staff. Appropriately documents all staff records, i.e., annual evaluations, disciplinary process, etc.
• Monitor employee attendance for timeliness, accrual of incremental overtime utilizing KRONOS on a daily basis.
• Develops staff schedules based on FPC and revise as needed based on PLUS and census to maintain productivity standards.
• Utilizes cost controls to effectively maintain inventory, minimize waste and meet financial requirements.
• Responsible for purchasing of food & supplies, complies with purchasing contracts to meet compliance expectations, maximize rebates and achieve food cost budget.
• Menu development for Cafeteria, catering events and patients. Coordination of large catered functions.
• Coordinates meal service periods to ensure efficient and uninterrupted operation.
• Serves as a resource for community and hospital wide public speaking events.
• Assists with training of students & interns.
• Serves as a role model & advocate for AIDET, Patient Promise and Medical City's six keys.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Associates Degree in Culinary Arts from an accredited program.
• Minimum of 3-5 years Professional Culinary Leadership experience in a high volume, fine dining restaurant, country club or hotel is required.
• Healthcare experience a plus.
• Comprehensive knowledge of food & catering trends with focus on quality, sanitation, production & presentation.
• Food Service Manager's certification through the Texas Department of Health is preferred but required after 1 year of employment.
• ACF certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of online vendor ordering systems.
• Knowledge of cost controls, budgets, and product mix
• Intermediate Computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
• Public speaking skills
• Detail & Multi-task oriented
• Displays qualities that reflect the Mission, Vision and Values of Medical City Hospital.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills that include written and verbal communication.
• Effective analytical skills and problem solving
• Advanced knife handling skills
• Comprehensive knowledge of all kitchen equipment.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom