- This position supports the mission of Medical Center of Aurora in optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. The Food & Nutrition Services Supervisor serves as one of the primary representative in the daily operation of the department. The responsibilities include providing direction and guidance to ensure quality food, supervising staff, development of personnel in the food services areas, monitoring compliance of policies and procedures, and maintaining effective communications with other departmental managers and interdepartmental liaisons. When need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Medical Center of Aurora expects our Code of Conduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interacts with co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
- Position Requirements:
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: None.
- Education: None.
- Experience: Minimum of two years supervisory experience in Food Service preferred.
- Special Qualifications: Able to perform simple arithmetic. Able to work in a quick-paced, customer service environment. Must show good judgment and reliability. Must be able to perform multiple tasks as the same time. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must possess strong planning, organization, managing, time management and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work effectively under pressure to meet established goals and objectives. Must demonstrate personal and professional integrity.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom