Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Manages and operates gas plant(s). Coordinates special projects as needed. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day plant operation and management.
- Supervises team work processes and procedures and expenses, and supports programs which drive team performance toward departmental and organizational goals.
- Coordinates maintenance initiatives and inspects new construction.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, discipline, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Collects and analyzes data regarding plant performance. Compiles all reporting requirements.
- Communicates and enforces company policies and procedures and safety regulations.
- Remains on-call 24 hours per day.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ________ full-time employees and _________ part-time employees including: technicians, operators, laborers, and mechanics.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 4 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Landfill operational knowledge, electrical system knowledge, and basic computer skills required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: landfill/outdoor or office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.