Park Plaza Hospital - Houston, TX
House Supervisor - FT - Evenings
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
Park Plaza Hospital is currently looking for a House Supervisor.
Position Summary : Knowledge of hospital administration, nursing services, customer relations, and serves to facilitate communication among customer groups. Initiates conflict resolution and refers these issues to the appropriate manager or director; maintains a high degree of visibility within the nursing units and serves as a resource and role model for the nursing staff.
• The employee proactively works toward and achieves goals set in the previous evaluation period.
• Coordinates activities within the nursing and ancillary departments to achieve hospital goals and objectives.
• Follow established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Ensures a safe environment by maintaining communication with Administrator on call and others as necessary.
• Reviews work schedules, assigns personnel appropriate to patient care needs in conjunction with the appropriate unit manager or director, evaluates work performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
• Maintains high visibility by making supervisory and environmental rounds on the assigned shift(s) ensuring a safe and productive environment.
• Prepares written documentation as required by the department.
• Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Education: ADN required, BSN preferred.
License/ Certification: Registered Nurse; Health Care Provider CPR from the American Heart Association (AHA); ACLS from AHA preferred.
Experience: 2 years previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
Skills/Knowledge: Excellent human relations and oral/written communications skills; management experience in hospital/health care environment; proven managerial skills; supervisory experience required. Ability to communicate with all customers both orally and written in a clear, professional and effective manner. Provides care or services for the following age group/groups: Adult (20 - 65y) and Geriatric (65y & older).
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom