House Supervisor (RN) FT
Park Plaza Hospital - Houston, TX
House Supervisor - FT - Evenings
Located adjacent to the Texas Medical Center, Park Plaza and Plaza Specialty Hospitals offer the convenience of a community hospital with two distinct purposes. Since 1975, Park Plaza Hospital has been offering complete medical services, including surgery as well as outpatient, imaging and rehabilitation. Plaza Specialty Hospital, a hospital within a hospital, has been providing long-term acute care to those needing prolonged hospitalization and recovery since 1994.
Park Plaza Hospital is currently looking for a House Supervisor.
Position Summary : Knowledge of hospital administration, nursing services, customer relations, and serves to facilitate communication among customer groups. Initiates conflict resolution and refers these issues to the appropriate manager or director; maintains a high degree of visibility within the nursing units and serves as a resource and role model for the nursing staff.
• The employee proactively works toward and achieves goals set in the previous evaluation period.
• Coordinates activities within the nursing and ancillary departments to achieve hospital goals and objectives.
• Follow established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
• Ensures a safe environment by maintaining communication with Administrator on call and others as necessary.
• Reviews work schedules, assigns personnel appropriate to patient care needs in conjunction with the appropriate unit manager or director, evaluates work performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
• Maintains high visibility by making supervisory and environmental rounds on the assigned shift(s) ensuring a safe and productive environment.
• Prepares written documentation as required by the department.
• Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Education: ADN required, BSN preferred.
License/ Certification: Registered Nurse; Health Care Provider CPR from the American Heart Association (AHA); ACLS from AHA preferred.
Experience: 2 years previous experience in a supervisory capacity.
Skills/Knowledge: Excellent human relations and oral/written communications skills; management experience in hospital/health care environment; proven managerial skills; supervisory experience required. Ability to communicate with all customers both orally and written in a clear, professional and effective manner. Provides care or services for the following age group/groups: Adult (20 - 65y) and Geriatric (65y & older).