Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
1) Supervisor is expected to provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
2) Responsible for supervising the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
3) Interview, hire, coach, motivate, develop and discipline staff. Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports. Assist in setting performance objectives and development plans. Monitor progress.
4) Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
5) Emphasize training programs designed to enable staff to consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
6) Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
7) Perform/lead technical reviews, investigations and process improvement projects. Provide manufacturing input into integration and validation of new equipment and processes.
8) Resolves technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact project deadlines. Provide guidance and troubleshooting assistance as needed during a deviation in the process.
9) Represent the company during FDA inspections. Provide information as necessary to FDA that establishes credibility and demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
10) Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values: Respect /Responsiveness / Results.
1) BS degree in a scientific or engineering discipline with 3-5 years of manufacturing experience or AA degree or equivalent manufacturing experience.
2) Plus 4-6 years supervisory related experience required.
3) Ability to manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting.
4) Ability to analyze and interpret scientific, and statistical data.
5) Strong professional writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
6) Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry.
7) Strong assessment and troubleshooting skills.
8) Ability to respond to detailed inquiries, and present information to groups and senior management.
9) May be required to supervise multiple groups/shifts.
10) Overtime may be required at times.
11) Good computer skills.
12) Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ability to interface well with other departments, and lead effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
13) In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.