Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Supervises daily landfill operations and landfill staff. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises landfill staff and reviews and evaluates work to ensure quality, timeliness and ensures quality control in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Coordinates workflow and assignments toward the achievement of operational goals.
- Supervises and monitors daily landfill operations, and reviews and controls implementation of safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates repairs, maintenance, and inspections.
- Collects weekly and/or monthly readings. Creates and submits records and reports.
- Oversees personnel needs of the landfill including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of _______ full-time employees, including operators.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 1 year of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Equipment operating, health, safety and environmental regulations knowledge, and supervisory experience may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.