ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and develop a team of direct reports to consistently achieve excellent performance by setting clear expectations and leading by example.
- Ensure output, quality and cost targets are understood and achieved. Take immediate corrective action when targets are not being met.
- Maintain excellent standards of 5S and Safety
- Set goals and objectives for the team. Provide ongoing guidance, coaching, counselling, performance management, training solutions for all team members
- Interface with Manager to ensure all employee relations issues are reasonably, fairly and consistently dealt with.
- Support the selection of additional personnel
- Effectively communicate with line leads, operators, coordinators and assemblers to ensure that expectations are clearly understood and a culture of openness and continuous improvement is encouraged
- Recommend and support the implementation of process improvements
- Work closely with Quality, Engineering and Customer Service teams to ensure customer needs are met in a cost-effective manner
- Lead the team to optimise performance in terms of output, quality, costs etc.
- Provide training for all new team members
- Identify training needs and implement training plan for all personnel
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all company employment policies, facility safety and work rules, security requirements, and accident/incident procedures.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training programs for the assigned position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and requirements of the job.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.