Supervise operations and resources and monitor and improve the safety, quality and productivity of the digital pressroom within a commercial, sheetfed printing plant.
- Work collaboratively with Customer Service, Sales, Prepress, Quality and other departments to ensure established quality standards and customer expectations are met.
- Inspect product to verify conformance to specified standards and customer expectations.
- Coach employees to peak performance by developing the skill level of your staff and their ability to produce quality work and increase productivity.
- Administer and enforce all company policies fairly and consistently.
- Work closely with management staff to understand and assist with implementing action plans to achieve department objectives.
- Reinforce and promote safety training and safe work practices; participate in safety meetings.
- Analyze and resolve work related problems and assist employees with troubleshooting and solving manufacturing/quality problems with digital presses/equipment.
- Maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Understand the impact of operational decisions on the budget; controlling variable expenses.
- Assist management with supporting and implementing Continuous Improvement initiatives to reduce process variations and manufacturing delays and to increase productivity.
- Ensure departmental maintenance activities and special projects are completed within deadlines.
- Read, understand and comply with relevant federal, state, local and company safety regulations and policies (e.g., OSHA, Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Shoes, Hearing Protection, Glasses, etc.)
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.