Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Supervises the day-to-day scalehouse and waste receipt operations at landfill and monitors compliance to safety and other regulations. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises the development, implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of processes, procedures and programs to improve safety, productivity, and profitability of the landfill.
- Supervises scalehouse and general labor staff and coordinates workflow and assignments.
- Conducts recurring safety/compliance meetings.
- Reconciles facility revenue from operations, facility billing, and monthly P-card statements. Processes employee payroll.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Creates and submits weekly and month end reports to senior management.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including coaching, training, and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Oversees waste receipt and waste permitting. Monitors waste acceptance procedures to ensure compliance with existing Permits and regulations.
- Conducts site inspections and completes regulatory required reports.
The level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of _ full-time employees including: scalehouse attendants, waste spotters, laborers and temporary labor. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited).
- Experience: Four years of prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Driving experience, knowledge of DOT regulations, knowledge of RCRA regulations, FASTLANE experience, equipment operating and supervisory experience may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.