About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women's Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare. POSITION SUMMARY:
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates, and coordinates treatment plans and the plan of care. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
- Communicates, interacts, and participates in teamwork on the unit.
- Practices, endorses, and provides customer service skills to patients, family members, physicians, and staff.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of the patient's right to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Assesses and monitors and recognizes changes in the patient's behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on the assessment.
- Monitors and documents information regarding patient activities.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and/or delegating care for patients.
- Assists with unit employee process activities, including orientation, professional development.
- Sets priorities and organizes the workload on a nursing unit.
- Administer and appraise Quality Improvement within the services provided.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
Qualifications: REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS
- Texas or Compact State Nursing License - RN required
- BCLS Certification
- NRP Certification (Chapters 1-9) within 3 months of hire or immediately with Newborn, Labor and
- ACLS Certification within 6 months of hire or immediately if required at previous employer
- Intermediate Fetal Monitoring through AWHONN within 6 months from finish of floor orientation.
1 Graduate from an Accredited Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree of Nursing Program
2. Effective oral and written communication skills
3. Ability to work within a team to ensure quality care
4. Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
5. Strong critical thinking and communication skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
6. Ability to lead a team and function as a team member.
7. Excellent customer service skills, follow AIDET philosophy.
8. Computer literate in charting and order entry.
9. Introductory Fetal Monitoring course completed within 30 days from start of floor orientation.
10. 20 hours or Breastfeeding Education, 5 hours will be under direct observation of the Lactation Consultant within 6 months of hire. Annual competency check-off to follow after 20 education hours are completed. PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Nursing Program preferred.
2. Perinatal and neonatal healthcare experience preferred.
3. S.T.A.B.L.E. course certification within 6 months of hire preferred.
4. RNC Preferred
5. AWHONN member
6. Lactation Educator or Consultant preferred.
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom