At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Surface Care Specialist the located in Irvine California. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Surface Care Specialist
Serving as a liaison between the consumer and the Company, the Surface Care Specialist answers technical questions, offering solutions to surface care needs. This position will represent Meguiar's interacting with consumers via phone, face-to-face, email, forums, etc. and, occasionally off-site at Special Events.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
Key characteristics of a success candidate
- Provide Meguiar's surface care solutions and technical support to all applicable questions by consumers via phone, email, mail, forum, etc.
- Respond to consumer questions via our #800, email, and forum daily within 24-48 hours
- Assist consumer by locating dealers and distributors who sell Meguiar's products
- Assist with the fulfillment of direct sales orders placed through Solutions Hub
- Fulfill catalogue/literature requests
- Assist in resolving problems with direct sales orders in a timely manner
- Sell and up-sell inbound consumer orders when appropriate
- Participate in all ongoing training sessions
- Build relationships with the core automotive enthusiast
- Provide consumers with excellent customer service for optimum satisfaction
- Provide Marketing and R&D with customer comments and feedback
- Execute typical daily duties with little supervision by relying on sound personal judgment
- Takes ownership of individual consumer damage claims process
- Maintain an active member status on meguiarsonline.com
- Monitor various social media platform such as meguiarsonline.com
- Assists with Meguiar's Garage or similar on-site training events/sessions as needed.
- Assist occasional walk-in customers
- Occasionally assist/work with Special Events department at off-site events, including some weekends as well as other departments on projects as needed
- Proactively familiarize with the industry and competitor's products
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess drive and initiative
- Active interest in the automotive aftermarket
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited learning institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of combined experience in customer service and/or sales orientated environment
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university
- Experience with social media and digital communication.
Location: Irvine, CA
Travel: May include up to 10% travel
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.