Do you want to be a key sales leader at one of the largest cloud companies in the world at the most exciting transformative time in the industry?
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibility, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. This mission is ambitious and at the core of what our customers and employees care deeply about. We have unique capability in harmonizing the needs of both individuals and organizations.
Joining Microsoft in the Specialist Sales Team (STU) as a Solution Sales Manager you will be leading a team of specialist sellers to sell the best-in-class cloud service and platforms to our Enterprise customers, building the momentum of digital transformation for our customers & partners as well as the company itself. The Solution Sales Manager, provides sales leadership and technical thought leadership to accelerate our customers’ digital transformation and is a great sales coach and manager, has a challenger mentality, is fluent in sales-management practice and contributes with vision and flawless execution of solution sales across different customer scenarios.
• Revenue and growth targets
• Meets Modern Workplace sales and revenue targets in enterprise operating unit solution area
• Maintains the pipeline and the forecast focused on Surface devices to required operational standards
• Drives new business opportunities to achieve targets contributing positively to relevant subsidiary scorecard metrics
• Business transformation: Lead specialist team unit (STU) sellers to drive Modern Workplace cloud businesses through Surface device engagements to overachieve targets, and lead cross-team to ensure customer intent to consume cloud services sold.
• Customer centricity: Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration; Lead STU sellers to drive end-to-end business solutions through Microsoft’s Surface and Modern Workplace portfolio (drive solution area thinking and behaviors), increasing customer and partner satisfaction and average deal sizes YoY.
• Partner Engagement: Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, fully leverage the synergy effect with our partners, and co-sell with them to make deals bigger and faster.
• STU Ownership Accountability:
• Ensure appropriate 4 quarter qualified pipeline in place for the Surface devices for the sales organization: STU sellers directly leading
• The Modern Workplace SSM is consistent and predictable in managing the STU-led businesses meeting sales discipline expectations in pipeline, opportunity management and forecast
• People Management:
• Develops a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing development, leading by example and by preparing people for more senior positions in other parts of the organization.
• Coaches Seller’s with a “challenger mentality” by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
• Above subsidiary average WHI (Workgroup Health Index) and LHI (Leadership Health Index) scores, with above average scores against the subsidiary/district average and/or the regional average.
• Successful teams and team members are recognized and rewarded, both within the STU and at the subsidiary, regional or Corporate levels.
• US Citizenship required
• Must be located in the Greater Washington DC Area
• 8+ years of US Government sales experience: Experience in contracting, procurement, regulation and policy.
• 8+ years of related experience: sales leadership roles, managing high performance sales and technical-sales teams, coaching solution sales and account development strategies
• Proven experience driving organizational transformations while delivering on short-term results;
• Strategic planner with track record driving results faster than competition in new markets/solution areas (preferred: cloud services growth and consumption)
• Solid interpersonal skills, coaching skills, cross-group collaboration and proven ability to influence across organizational boundaries
• 5-10 years of related senior sales experience with BDMs. BS/BA degree preferred/ MBA preferred.
• Sales, complex sales training (e.g., Miller Hyman, Spin, Michael Bosworth, Challenger, Holden, Krauthammer, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.