Are you passionate about building and delivering great devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want, and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of products and Surface needs you!
As a Senior Camera Video SW PM in our team you will help shape the vision of the Microsoft HW/FW systems strategy for Surface and other products.
Role & Opportunity
• You’ll have the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of software and hardware, driving delivery of both current products as well as helping to define the future of our systems in Surface
• Define and drive the development process of firmware and tools for cameras including schedule, bug management, triage, and investigations
• Generate, communicate and manage program risks, insights and top level scorecards to provide status to Surface management
• Engage with and Manage external partners to meet schedule and feature deliverables for camera programs
• Author and execute SOW's for each program
• Interface closely with the community within Microsoft to set and execute on camera feature solutions for Surface products
• Help define the camera and imaging SW roadmap for future systems opportunities.
• Collaborate with Windows to develop best of breed solutions
• Collaborate across disciplines from engineering to research and design
• 6+ years as a technical program manager
• Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, a self-starter and an excellent problem-solver
• Minimum two years of experience with embedded system software development and associated processes
• Minimum two years of experience working with and managing external/3rd party partners/vendors
• Deep knowledge of the hardware and software development lifecycles
• Knowledge of the Windows Camera / Video Software stack
• Experience driving camera bring-up and image tuning programs and knowledge of image pipelines preferred
• Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.)
• Ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize workloads
• Demonstrated track record of leading product teams to ship
• Excellent written communication and presentation skills are a must
• A BS in computer science, computer engineering or a related field is preferred
Some domestic and international travel will be necessary.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.