Greetings, students! We're geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2017. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you're applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard animation is looking for a surfacing artist intern. Candidates should have some experience working with digital painting tools to achieve stylized to photo-real surfaces. The ideal candidate should be eager, creative, and excited to learn how to be part of an enthusiastic and creative team.Quest Objectives
Intern Guild Requirements
- Focus on texturing during asset creation within any of Blizzards IPs that are in production.
- Work closely with senior artists, show leads, and the surfacing supervisor to create texture maps and shader looks for production assets as well as support those assets during the run of production.
- Work closely with Modeling, Surfacing, and Lighting artists to achieve the desired results.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or planning to enroll in Fall 2017
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2017 internship
- Able to work full-time hours for 11 - 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 22, 2017 - August 11, 2017 or June 12, 2017 - September 1, 2017 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Basic understanding of texture map properties in relation to their shading and lighting qualities
- Basic understanding and familiarity in using rendering software to generate artwork
- Able to collaborate and bring creativity to the team of modelers, look-dev artists, and lighters
- Experience in shading and lighting in RenderMan, V-Ray, Arnold, or a similar high end rendering package
- Experience with Mari and Photoshop
- Understanding of Blizzard Entertainment's cinematic visual style
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We're serious about this - due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
- Cover Letter
- Art Reel / website
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.